I'd never lived in Frankfort before, so I guess that counts. Drove a big truck in Florida and Louisiana, the last two states I hadn't done that. Became an owner/operator.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolution?
I don't make New Year's resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I'll have to go with lossfound on this one; James Brown.
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada. (Does that even count?)
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
More disposable money and time.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Nothing comes to mind.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making the move to purchase my own truck and become an owner/operator.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My freedom from being a company driver.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom, for enduring crazy flag lady for three weeks.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Not counting politicians, no one.
14. Where did most of your money go?
The truck. I spent more in expenses than I ever made in a single year previously. That's mind blowing.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Erin moving to Kentucky.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
"I Write Sins Not Tragedies" - Panic! At the Disco
17. Are you...
A. Happier or sadder?Happier.
B. Thinner or fatter? Fatter.
C. Richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spent time with family and friends, especially my kids and Erin.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it with my family in Washington Co and with Erin's in Pennsylvania.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
The only books I read this year were old Bloom County collections.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I didn't discover a lot of new music this year. I didn't listen to a lot of music, period. I dunno, The Raconteurs?
27. What did you want and get?
Erin moving to Kentucky. More job and personal freedom. An actual residence.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The only film I actually saw in a theatre this year was Snakes On A Plane but I did see a number of 2006 films on DVD in the latter part of the year. Of those, it was mostly goofy stuff like Scary Movie, Date Movie, etc. I guess I'd have to say Awesome: I Fuckin' Shot That!. Maybe the remake of The Hills Have Eyes. That was some brutal fun.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 36. I spent the weekend with Erin in Pennsylvania. Most notably, it involved a fun-filled day in Pittsburgh.
30. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don't think that is possible. Immeasurable wealth and fortune maybe?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Fashion concept? It's the same as it is every year: jeans + T-shirt.
32. What kept you sane?
I resent the implication.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hrm. I saw a lot of Jack Black movies this year that I'd never seen. I don't guess I really "fancy" celebs outside of how they can entertain me.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
Everybody. I don't get to see everybody nearly enough.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I hate this question. I met a lot of new people for the first time this year. Who ranks people like that?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
It's the same lesson I learn every year: never, ever settle for what you have. There's always more. More to life, more to love, more to see, more to do. You can stop and rest when you're dead.