1) Accept me for who I am or don't accept me at all.
2) When in doubt refer to rule #1.
3) How I feel is my perogative. I will share with you how I feel if I choose, but you are not responsible for how I feel, nor do you have any right to tell me how I should feel. I will not depend on you to to feel good nor will I blame you if I feel bad. I may come to you for emotional support and strength when I am down, but I will not expect you to make me feel better. The way I feel is solely my responsibility.
4) You are not a mind reader. If I want something to be known, or have an opinion, or emotion - I will state it as clearly and as effectively as possible. If you do not understand what I am trying to communicate, be patient and I will work with you until I do. Hints, games, and emotional manipulation are an obstruction to open and honest communication.
5) You may not agree with me, but that does not invalidate my opinion or emotion.
6) Do not create expectations of me then blame me for their unfulfillment. I have my own expectations to live up to.
7) Do not attack me in public or private about something you do not like. Instead talk about it with me rationally so that you can understand me better. When in doubt, see rule #1.
8) My career and other relationships may temporarily take high priorities in my life from time to time but this does not discount the importance of the time I choose to spend with you. The time I spend with you is voluntary and of free will, making it all the more valuable. By the same token, you should respect my free will and not pressure me into spending time or doing things I do not want to do. Similarily, I will make it clear if I don't. See rule #4.
9) Our interests and hobbies may not always coincide. I respect your free will to do the things that you want to do, however, I may choose not to participate if I do not want to.
See rule #8.
10) Do not expect me to be perfect. When in doubt, see rule #1