Random thoughts and haps:
- could the Arkansas/Kentucky football game have been any more exciting and heartbreaking?
- they are using a Devo song for those Swiffer dusting wipes. "Na na na na, you must swiffer! Swiffer! Swiffer good!"
- which reminds me that I remember hearing Jon Spencer Blues Explosion's "Bellbottoms" in another commercial a few weeks ago. It surely must be the rapture.
- I am going shopping today for groceries and pants. I also may do some early Christmas shopping. Due to some first year bonuses I got on my paycheck this week it was, like, 4 times bigger than normal. Wo0T, as they say in Kentucky.
- How did Level 42 ever get a recording contract in the first place? The Reds kick my ass. White Stripes and Robert Earl Keen touring (not together, but, how cool would that be?!).
- Per a recent discussion with a friend:
Top 5 albums of the 1990's
1. Nirvana - Nevermind
2. Public Enemy - Fear Of a Black Planet
3. Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West
4. Slint - Spiderland
5. Hole - Live Through This
if you've heard them all and more or less agree, yer pretty fucking cool...
- I decided I'm gonna do more Top 5's. I love Top 5's, but they're even more challenging for me because I usually can spout off the first 3 with no trouble, then I spend a while sorting through dozens of possibilities for spots 4 and 5. Top 5's are cooler than a Top 3 because it gives those extra two slot, but more exclusive than a Top 10. A Top 5 is perfect.
- I killed Elliot Smith. Shhhhh. It's our secret.