For years I've had this weird little group of blisters on the last two digits of my left hand and last fall, I began getting them along the edge of my index finger as well. They didn't hurt, or leak or anything... but they itched from time to time. It occurred to me that perhaps I was allergic to my wedding band. I did some research online about gold allergies and found that gold allergies were very, very rare and in most cases, it was an allergy to an alloy in lower grades of gold. My band is only 10 carat, which means it's filled with a lot of other crap. In a forum, I found one person who described a similar condition to mine; tiny itchy blisters. As an experiment, I stopped wearing my band because clearly, I must be allergic to
I guess on a future doctor visit I will have to inquire about having an allergy test done to see if I can single-out the culprit.