I spent the day in South Jersey then got up here to North Jersey to park for the night around 7pm and hopped a bus into the city. I had a nice dinner in Little Italy and walked around, just enjoying the mild evening. Getting ready to head back for the truck.
I should have an NYC icon of some sort, to use when I'm posting from here.
Saw this 2003 thingie in tart_kitten's journal and decided to follow suit. It's behind a cut because it won't be of much interest to most of you I'm sure. More or less, it's a synposis of 2003 for me, should I ever decide to look back.
Like many, I'm sure I'll get around to doing a top something or other music reltated. Knowing me it'll be a top 5.
1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
Oh man. Um, went to NYC for the very first time and all that entails (empire state building, statue of liberty, Broadway play). Saw Niagara Falls. Drove cross country, like 6 times. Went to 18 states I had never been to previously. Ate turtle. Was celibate for the entire calendar year(well, first time since I was 17).
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't believe in making New Year's Resolutions. You can resolve to do soemthing anytime.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada, well, I guess it's questionable if the Niagara FAlls part counts, really.
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
nothing comes to mind
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not killing myself or another motorist ;-) Oh yeah, and winning $7,000 playing blackjack!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing $700 two days later in on hour, playing blackjack.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
This is one of my off years. I only get sick every 3-5 years. I had the flu spring 2002, so I'm not due for at least another year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Expensive audio headphones.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Demi Moore dating a man 20+ years her junior. You go girl.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Booze and broads. Wait, no, child support, food, and cigarettes. Ah, the life of a divorced trucker. It's not all glamour and intrigue.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to NYC.
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
"Under My Hood" - Gluecifer
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? about the same
iii. richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spending time with my kids.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sleeping, I wish I never had to.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Driving some, then spending a quiet day at my parent's.
22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I don't watch TV very much, but I guess Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Didn't read any books
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
To go to NYC.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Kill Bill Vol 1
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Don't remember, probably worked. 33.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having the visitation nightmare with my children worked out with the bitch, er, the ex-wife.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
34. What kept you sane?
Getting access to the internet on the road.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
ANOTHER tax cut.
37. Who did you miss?
Lincoln, Jonathan, and Chase (my kids).
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Probably sparklymegz but elspazz0 is pretty damn cool, too.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003.
You don't need the things everyone tells you you need to be happy.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Well I was movin' down the road in my V8 Ford
I had a shine on my boots, I had my sideburns lowered
With my New York brim and my gold tooth displayed
Nobody gives me trouble 'cause they know I got it made