1) 20 songs, selected at random
2) I pick my favorite bit of lyrics from each song
3) You identify them - if you dare
What's going to be interesting about this is that, knowing what's on my hard drive at the moment, this could prove to be pathetically easy, near impossible, or a nice balance of both.... so here goes.
1) "Blood on the streets/Blood on the rocks/Blood in the gutter/Every last drop"
2) "And the girl in the corner/Let no one ignore her/'Cause she thinks she's the passionate one"
3) "Something is in the air/She's got leftovers in her hair/She's got a ticket anywhere"
4) "You were so strange/You didn't have the decency to change the sheets"
5) "I got a little fat momma with the meat shakin' on the bone/I'm tellin' you people to leave my baby alone"
6) "We stole this riff/From Cobain's headless sack/He wants his money/He's coming back"
7) "I heard momma and poppa talkin'/I heard my poppa tell momma/Let that boy boogie woogie/Cos it's in him and it got to come out/And I felt so good"
8) "I've never been so bored or read so many magazines/And every minute seems like an hour to me"
9) "You want to know why I hate you?/Well I'll try and explain/D'you remember that day in Paris when we wandered through the rain?"
10) "You can choke on easy ways while we stay up every night and every day/Doesn't matter what you say 'cos your ways are so fucking lame"
11) "I"m tired of being told what to think/I'm tired of being told what to do/I'm tired of fucking phonies, that's right I'm sick of you" (actually it's a cover with a slight lyric change, bonus points for getting both bands ;-)
12) "Well I be comin' around the mountain with my ho Suzanna/I'm peelin off the caps like the hicks in Alabama"
13) "Got a one-way ticket to the promised land/You got a hole in your belly and a gun in your hand"
14) "Look into your crimson orifice/In holy remembrance/In scarlet bliss"
15) "If I could live for 100 years/Still I couldn't understand my fears/Never had the time or an easy ride/Kicking up the noise of a suicide"
16) "Take a girl out/She won't fuck you/After you just bought her a gram of coke"
17) "I scoff at my rivals cause they ain't cool/And I rewrote the bible and made my own rules"
18) "You're my flavor of the week/I SWALLOW, I SWALLOW, I SWALLOW, I SWALLOW"
19) "She's there to love me/Both day and night/Never grumbles or fusses/Always treats me right/Never runnin' in the streets/And leavin' me alone/She knows a woman's place/Is right there now in her home"
20) "What is truth?/Is it unchanging law?/We both have truths/Are mine the same as yours?"
Actually that came out more balanced than I thought it would. There's only 3-4 of them that I doubt anyone will get, 3-4 that are super-easy and the rest will just depend on whether you're a fan or not. To be honest, if I saw the lyrics to some of these disembodied from their song on a page like this, I'd never get it either. Oh well, have fun with it.